Profit Law Firm,
Not a Government Agency,
Public or Charitable Legal Service.
Toll Free (855) 25-25-250
Contact Us 24/7
  • Statewide, Nationwide, Canadian & Beyond

    Understand where we practice
    immigration law and let us
    change your life!

  • Employers & Investors

    Learn about our expertise in law and
    immigration and how it can
    assist your business plans!

  • Get Started

    Call us today
    to schedule an
    appointment with our attorney!

DownloadLearn more about how the immigration process works and help you with your immigration concerns and questions. The Charleston USA Immigration Law Center is here to support you in your goal to become a United States citizen.

Frequently Asked Immigration Questions

Answers from Your Attorney in Charleston

As you navigate the immigration process, whether you are seeking naturalization or a green card, you will need all the answers that you can get. Immigration law can be a complex and confusing topic that requires clarity from a knowledgeable firm.

At Charleston USA Immigration Law Center, LLP, we have provided answers to the following questions below:

Who can obtain deferred action for childhood arrivals?
The immigration enforcement system is constantly being transformed to promote national security, border security, and integrity within the immigration system. For that reason, there are specific guidelines for those who are pursuing deferred action for childhood arrivals. You can request consideration if you fulfill the following requirements:

  • Were younger than 31 on June 15, 2012
  • Came to the United States before you turned 16
  • Have resided in the states continuously since June 15, 2007
  • Were present in the country on June 15, 2012
  • Did not have lawful status on June 15, 2012
  • Are currently in school or have graduated / completed high school
  • Have not been convicted of a felony

What types of visas are available to come to the U.S. for a visit?
If you want to visit the country temporarily or want to be granted entry for a certain amount of time, you can seek a non-immigrant visa. Many common types of non-immigrant visas are the student visa, travel visa, and the business investor visa.

How long does my green card remain valid?
If you obtain permanent residency through a green card, you will be permitted to live and work in the United States on an indefinite basis, with restrictions. When the green card is initially given, it is typically granted on a temporary basis for two years. After these first two years pass, you can apply for a permanent residence visa that is valid for ten years.

What do I do if my visa has expired?
After your visa expired, you will need to contact a knowledgeable immigration lawyer from Charleston USA Immigration Law Center, LLP. We can help you review your current immigration status and help you assess the best course of action to take.

Discuss your case with Charleston USA Immigration Law Center, LLP!

Our firm's Charleston immigration lawyer is committed to helping clients get their questions answered. It is our firm's desire to ensure that you have a comprehensive understanding of your case. For that reason, we encourage you to contact us at your earliest convenience. We can answer your immigration law questions.

  • Payment Plans
  • QR Code
  • Military Discounts
  • Sponsored Charities
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
Internet Marketing Experts
Charleston USA Immigration Law Center, LLP - Immigration Lawyer in Charleston, SC
Located at 300 Bucksley Lane, Suite 205 Charleston, SC 29492. View Map
Phone: (855) 252-5250 | Local Phone: (843) 276-3311.
© 2020 All Rights Reserved.