Green Card Through Registry
A foreigner who has been present in the U.S. since January 1, 1972 is eligible to apply for a green card even if here illegally provided he/she;
- Is of good moral character,
- Has resided here continually since January 1, 1972,
- Is not ineligible for citizenship,
- Is not in removable or deportable proceedings,
- Is not inadmissible as immoral, subversive, alien smuggler, narcotics violator or a criminal.
Application is made with the proper USCIS Form I-485, with accompanying documentation and payment of all required fees. No medical examination is required. While the application is pending both work and travel permits can be procured.