Serving Clients Nationwide
Expeditious Naturalization

Expeditious Naturalization

Charleston Immigration Lawyer Explains Expeditious Naturalization

A special immigration circumstance exists for U.S. citizens who live abroad and adopted a child overseas who do not intent to live in the U.S. In some cases the child may qualify for a B-2 visitors visa to enter the U.S. and in participate in Expeditious Naturalization.

Do I Qualify for Expeditious Naturalization?

To obtain this type of visa, the parents;

  • Must be able to prove that the child who was adopted meets the qualification under the rule for a minimum of two years of legal custody, or
  • Present a USCIS Form I-600 which has been approved. Note that the I-600 is designated for orphans board abroad who are, or soon will be, the adopted child of a U.S. citizen or who are immediate relatives of citizens.
  • Prove that they have an intention to continue residence abroad and that they do intend to depart the U.S.
  • Must present a USCIS General Call IN Letter, USCIS Form G-56.

The Expeditious Naturalization must be complete before the adoptive child's 18th birthday. The entire process can take from six months to a year or more.

A Charleston Immigration Attorney can answer your questions and properly process this application. Contact us now to discuss your situation and learn whether you qualify for expeditious naturalization.

A Future You Deserve

Contact Us Today!
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.