Serving Clients Nationwide: Toll Free 
P-2 Visa

P-2 Visa

Artist & Entertainment Reciprocal Exchange Programs

This is a non-immigrant visa program which enables foreign performers to temporarily come to the U.S. either individually or as part of a group performance between two organizations, one U.S. and one foreign, engaged in a government recognized Reciprocal Exchange Program. Often symphonies, circuses etc. travel and perform to exchange and illustrate their diversity and local customs.

Foreign Performer Level of Competency for the P-2 Visa

The foreign performers must document and demonstrate a level of professional skill equal to that of the American performers taking part in the exchange program.

U.S. Sponsor Organization

The sponsor can be a U.S. employer or a labor organization and an agent may also be utilized. Application is made on USCIS Form I-129 with accompanying documentation and paying all required filing fees. And, a written Consultation from an appropriate labor organization must also be filed. Sponsors can be changed but new filings are required.

Submission Process for the P-2 Visa

Additionally the application process must:

  • Include a signed Reciprocal Exchange Program Agreement,
  • Statement from the sponsoring organization detailing the foreign artists or entertainers,
  • Evidence or comparable skill levels between all the performers,
  • Evidence the appropriate labor organization was involved in negotiating the exchange,
  • An itinerary if multiple locations or multiple dates are involved.

Essential Support Personnel & Family Members

Support personnel who are an integral and essential part of the performance can also attend on separately filed USCIS Form I-129 with similar documentation and upon paying all required filing fees.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 can also obtain entry under P-4 Visas. Naturally, they cannot work but can attend school or college.

Periods of Stay for P-2 VISA Holders

The time needed to complete the performance up to 1 year of stay with extensions of up to 1 year.

P-2 Visa Application

Visa application is conducted at the local U.S. Embassy or consulate with consular processing. We can help you with these visa needs.

A Future You Deserve

Contact Us Today!
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.