Serving Clients Nationwide: Toll Free 
C-1/D Visa for Transit & Crew Members

C-1/D Visa for Transit & Crew Members

This non-immigrant visa category is used by crewmembers of aircrafts and ships in transit to layover or join an aircraft or vessel for deployment. For transit only, a C-1 visa can be used, while the D-1 visa can be used for crewmembers. It is valid for a maximum of 29 days, after which crewmembers must get a B-1/ B-2 visa. Upon entry to the U.S., visa holders are allowed to leave the transit lounge or area of an airport or port to visit friends, family, tourist sites, etc., within the validity period of their visa. This visa cannot be changed to another valid status or extended. However, the B-1/B-2 visa can be applied for at the same time and is then considered a dual visa.

Submission Process

This visa is obtained through the home country U.S. Embassy or Consulate. The applicant must demonstrate through employer records that;

  • No strike or lockout has occurred, or
  • If one occurred, the employee must have worked for the employer for at least one year prior to the strike or lockout, in one of the different months, and
  • The employee must expect to continue to work for the employer at the same level.

Further, at the interview an employee will need to provide a passport valid for six months beyond the authorized visa stay, photographs, pay visa processing and issuance fees and be subject to electronic fingerprinting.

A Future You Deserve

Contact Us Today!
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.