Hurricane Sandy Temporary Immigration Relief Measures
Because of Hurricane Sandy and its affects to the immigrant and alien populations in the northeast including Connecticut, New Jersey and New York the USCIS outlined relief available to them as follows;
- change or extension of non-immigrant status if currently situated in the U.S., even if filed after the authorization period of admission has expired,
- extension or re-parole of individuals already granted parole,
- expedited adjudication of applications for those students already granted off campus work authorization,
- expedited adjudication of employment authorization applications,
- assistance for Legal Permanent Residents (LPR) stranded overseas without immigration travel documents or green cards,
- assist those due for interviews who were affected and have not appeared,
- assist those who have received Requests for Evidence (RFE) and have not responded due to the hurricane.
Naturally, be prepared to document how the hurricane specifically effected you to the extent it enable you immigration processing. We can assist you in preparing your documents.