Serving Clients Nationwide: Toll Free 
Japanese Tsunami Relief

Japanese Tsunami Relief

Because of the earthquake and tsunami that caused devastation in the Pacific, the USCIS has announced accommodation to those affected who are visiting the U.S. on immigration purposes.

If you were a Japanese national who entered the U.S. under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) you may be permitted a 30 day extension to depart. A $250.00 filing fee must then be paid but a waiver for hardship can be requested. Be prepared to show how the disaster has materially affected your situation.

If you were a Japanese national paroled to the U.S. who cannot return you can request up to a 6 month extension or change of immigration status. It can be filed even after your parole expired, which is not the normal case. Again, the filing fee must be paid.

If you were a Japanese student in the U.S. on a F-1 visa, who was materially affected by the disaster you may be eligible for off campus work. Check with your Designated School Official (DSO) for more details.

Lastly, the USCIS will expedite processing of permanent resident petitions of those Japanese immigrants so affected.

A Future You Deserve

Contact Us Today!
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.